IT and digital
Senior Software Engineer
Imagine a future where you enable the design and build of wind farms through innovative data ingestion products
Join us in this role where you’ll build end-to-end data engineering solutions that provide the foundation for cloud-based analytics across our organisation. We’re committed to delivering on our organisation’s digital strategy and creating a strong platform for analytics, model management, and machine learning, all built on cloud technologies. We test and learn as we go, and our ambition is to power and connect a workplace where everyone can thrive, perform, and grow.
Welcome to IT
You’ll be part of Software Engineering Competency Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will assure high quality of software solutions within the trading landscape. You’ll be a part of a large, agile organisation spread across multiple countries. Our team collaborates closely with business units within a full-blown agile environment while embracing a supportive and friendly working culture where we prioritise growth and collaboration. As a team, we enjoy working in a highly flexible and inclusive environment with colleagues from a variety of backgrounds, to better ourselves every day in everything we do.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating business value by developing and maintaining extended functionality on IT products for our labs
- working closely together with internal and external consultants and key resources on the business side
- programming in latest Angular, Azure Cloud, ASP.NET Core, and SQL Server
- participating in deploying infrastructure and code as well as maintaining our CI/CD pipeline
- creating and maintaining software solutions for both internal and external users
- participating in daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, and plan meetings with colleagues around the world.
To succeed in the role, you:
- advocate clean coding principles and development of best practices e.g., SOLID and DRY, and have a very good understanding of object-oriented programming
- have experience with development in Microsoft .Net C#, ASP.Net Core, Azure Cloud, Kubernetes, and Visual Studio Team Services
- are proficient in system integration using modern technologies e.g., REST API, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD using GitHub Actions, Kafka and SQL, or any NoSQL databases and other service-based systems
- are experienced in delivering CI/CD related solutions with a high degree of automation.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 November 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.