Engineering and construction
Cable Project Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re part of one of our challenging offshore projects and responsible for the design and quality of submarine cables
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the engineering of the supply, jointing, termination, and connection equipment of high-voltage array or export cables, as you gain a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of experienced engineers.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of our diverse HV Cables Project Engineering team where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure the quality during the design, manufacturing, termination, and testing of high-voltage array or export cables on an exciting project. As a team, we share complementary skills and a common commitment to delivering high-quality work, whilst cooperating closely with colleagues across Europe, the US, and APAC.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the design, manufacturing, and testing processes, incl. quality assurance of 33-400kV cable products and related accessories
- ensuring that the correct quality processes are in place and followed at the various manufacturing facilities
- supporting in the review of designs, review of supplier technical proposals, and ensuring the suitability of technical solutions across all functional areas, e.g., offshore installation, HV components
- preparing Non-Conformity Reports (NCRs) and reviewing Manufacturing Record Books (MRBs) while witnessing cable testing in labs and factories around the world
- assisting in the review of technical solution to see if it’s in line with international standards, internal best practices, and contractual requirements
- organising interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering at a minimum, preferably with First Class Honours or equivalent, or with experience in high voltage cable engineering, manufacturing, termination, or testing
- preferably have good basic or theoretical understanding of high voltage cables, previous work experience on MV/HV cables will be an advantage
- thrive working in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders
- preferably have knowledge of submarine cable standards, i.e., CIGRE, IEC, and ICEA, and FIDIC contracts
- have a structured, service-minded, and flexible approach to your tasks
- are an excellent communicator who speaks and writes English fluently.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 11 October 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Chee Wah Chooi, Head of HVC Project Engineering, on (+44) 7552260643, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be interfacing with cable suppliers either in the US, Europe, or Asia region and visiting your team in either London, Gentofte, Skærbæk, or Kuala Lumpur.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.