Director, Electrical Engineering
Imagine a future where you lead electrical engineering for some of the world’s largest onshore wind, solar, and energy storage projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for providing industry-leading electrical engineering leadership to the Ørsted Americas Program Execution team through the full lifecycle of onshore wind, solar, and energy storage assets. As the Electrical Engineering team lead, you’ll ensure project electrical design, construction, and testing meets Ørsted’s standards for success, incl. safety, quality, and value.
Welcome to Region Americas Program Execution
You’ll be part of Onshore EPC Engineering where you, together with your colleagues, will work to solve complex, cross-functional technical challenges, apply lessons learned, and collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. As a team, we value diversity and support the growth of our members by offering learning and development opportunities. We work hard and have fun while doing it.
You’ll play an important role in:
- electrical engineering team leadership, incl. resourcing across all project phases and making critical decisions regarding the use of both internal and external resources
- managing the review of EPC design deliverables for accuracy, completeness, and opportunities for value engineering, incl. but not limited to, high voltage and balance of plant electrical design
- developing and maintaining internal and external electrical engineering design and testing processes and standards, in accordance with the latest codes and best industry practices
- evaluating engineering value, quality, and safety risks faced by the organization and developing proactive mitigation plans to address these
- developing technical expertise of the Engineering team through mentorship, best practices, shared lessons learned, and feedback throughout the project lifecycle.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 10+ years of direct experience in electrical engineering for renewables projects, e.g., solar, wind, or battery storage
- have at least two years of proven management experience
- have proven experience with Medium Voltage (MV) and High Voltage (HV) electrical design, and a working knowledge of SCADA and plant controls
- have at least a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- are a strong communicator
- are a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and proactive individual that is committed to excellence.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than .We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact , , on , if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll attend team meetings, vendor meetings, construction sites, and conferences.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.