Finance and controlling
Lead Specialist - Accounting
Imagine a future where you turn your passion into action and provide analytical leadership to help build the world’s largest energy platforms
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a broad set of financial accounting and reporting processes concerning our Group's legal entities in the Americas region. You'll be involved in month-end close processes, account reconciliations, and the preparation of financial statements.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling
You’ll be part of our global Financial Accounting & Controlling team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for financial reporting and delivering standardized, high-quality, and timely accounting and reporting products. Working from our Chicago office, you'll be part of a fast-growing local team that supports our Americas business. As a team, we’re united in supporting each other's development and delivering on outcomes with integrity and by valuing teamwork.
You’ll play an important role in:
- maintaining the general ledger and overseeing the preparation of financial journals for all corporate entities, incl. payroll, fixed assets, and research and development
- critically assessing accounting treatment of transactions and accounting activity as it pertains to the America's corporate entities, incl. a market trading company
- preparing statutory financial statements in accordance with US GAAP accounting standards for the relevant entities and providing audit support and documentation for audit enquiries
- leading the month-end close process for the entities, incl. submission to the Group consolidation system, driving continuous optimization of processes
- monitoring and managing balance sheet reconciliations, clearing accounts, and leading the follow-up procedures with stakeholders towards timely resolution of clearing items, incl. treasury, risk, payroll
- coaching and mentoring team members.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a Certified Public Accountant or equivalent professional qualification
- have relevant experience working in a public accounting firm or a dynamic finance team, experience with SAP Financial (beneficial) and Excel modeling
- speak and write English at an advanced level, can communicate clearly in writing, and excel at communicating financial concepts
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues as well as the ability to critically handle information you receive
- are results-oriented and set visible and relevant goals for your tasks
- thrive in a fast-changing environment, take independent responsibility, and enjoy working with colleagues across teams and national borders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than April 30, 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.