Engineering and construction
Power Transmission Project Manager
Imagine a future where you work on one of the Ørsted offshore wind farms helping a green transformation focusing on the execution and delivery of a key component
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the execution of the construction and fabrication scope of the offshore substation on site, dealing with the selected EPC contractor, and for all matters pertaining to the construction of the offshore substation. The position is specific for the APAC region and expected to be permanently deployed in the area.
Welcome to Power Transmission Project Execution
You’ll be part of Power Transmission Project Execution, where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for managing the site execution of a flagship wind farm’s offshore substation. You’ll report functionally to the Head of Project Execution Management and, in the project organisation, to the Offshore Substation (OSS) Package Manager. As a team, we embrace learning opportunities and focus on everyone's individual strengths which creates the foundation of a high-performance team, tackling together any area of development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- establishing and managing the site office and organisation, incl. the overall project requirements, schedule, sub-suppliers, free-issued material, quality management and surveillance, and interfaces
- ensuring team performance of the site organisation, in cooperation with the offshore substation package manager and the project organisation
- ensuring compliance with quality, safety, and technical standards
- leading and motivating the site team, enabling them to become a high-performing team able to deliver the scope safely and in compliance within time and budget considerations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree in engineering or similar, depending on yard/site management experience
- have a proven track record in safety performance and leadership of offshore platform construction sites, extensive experience with site and project management of multidisciplinary, offshore large-scale construction projects, preferably from the offshore wind and/or oil and gas industry, and have proven understanding of, and experience in managing, site work under EPCI contracts
- have a solid understanding of the technical and engineering disciplines involved in an offshore platform EPCI delivery
- have strong intercultural skills related to previous projects in the APAC region, thriving in a fast-paced and diverse international environment bringing together various employee groups, nationalities, cultures, and authorities
- have strong communication and interpersonal skills, mastering English at negotiation level
- have a results-oriented approach to your work and are capable to motivate your colleagues, while being proficient in stakeholder, schedule, quality, and people management.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 March 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For the Malaysia and Singapore position, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll need to visit project offices and any relevant fabrication site and sub-suppliers.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.