Engineering and construction
Offshore Pipeline Integrity Engineer
Imagine a future where you take care of some of Denmark's most important infrastructure assets, including managing our offshore pipelines in the North Sea
Join us in this role where you’ll become involved in all disciplines related to the operation, inspection, maintenance, and asset management of the Danish offshore pipelines which bring most of the Danish oil and gas into Denmark. Together with your team, you’ll be responsible for approximately 800 km of offshore pipelines, incl. the associated subsea structures and risers. You'll also contribute to studies and development projects supporting our green transition, e.g., using pipelines for the transportation of hydrogen or CO2.
Welcome to infrastructure Assets
You’ll be part of Oil Pipeline Systems & Integrity department where you, together with your colleagues, will engage in tasks, from feasibility studies, pipeline and piping engineering, contract management, to handling of emergency situations and oil spill response management. Furthermore, you'll provide support to offshore campaigns, evaluation of the inspection data, and integrity assessment. The responsibility will also involve liaising with pipeline owners and third parties, as well as some involvement in projects within transport systems for hydrogen and CO2. As a team, we have individual area of responsibilities, but we support each other when needed as we work closely together, which also includes the Gas Pipeline Systems & Execution department and further, we participate in various external networks.
You’ll play an important role in:
- participating in the planning, engineering, tendering, contracting, execution, and follow-up on offshore inspection and maintenance projects, incl. inline inspections
- liaising with authorities, consultants, contractors, oil and gas companies, and other third parties
- providing support as the company representative on board contractors' offshore vessels
- managing quality, health, safety, and environmental (QHSE) risks associated with the operation and maintenance activities
- developing and maintaining relevant company standards, procedures, tools, and databases related to asset management and pipeline operation activities, in accordance with best industry practice.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, preferably structural or hydrodynamic, and have a proactive and systematic approach to your tasks
- have a key focus on safety, which must be embedded in all the work you do
- have experience working with pipeline engineering and associated materials and integrity, as well as subsea engineering, experience with piping engineering will be beneficial as well
- have some experience working with engineering companies, contractors, and suppliers
- have some experience working with pipeline operation and maintenance, incl. marine and subsea operations and inspection methods
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently, knowledge of Danish language is an advantage.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 18 February 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lars Erik Storck, Head of Offshore Operations, on (Denmark +45) 99556145, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you're expected to do some travelling in relation to your work. You'll be travelling to our sites in Denmark to meet colleagues and further afield to meet contractors and suppliers in Europe, as well as some travel offshore to platform or vessels may be foreseen. It’ll be flexible and may be around 10-20% of the time.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.