Engineering and construction
(Senior) Concept and Layout Engineer
Imagine a future where you deliver engineering analyses and design solutions to offshore wind farm development projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team that develops global wind farm projects, assessing and optimising wind farm conceptual designs.
Welcome to Wind Farm Concept Integration
You’ll be part of Concept Integration, a growing team of 10+ enthusiastic and highly skilled people, where you, together with your colleagues, will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders in a global setup, covering all technical and commercial aspects of the wind farm design. Our mission is to deliver the best decision basis for global wind farm development opportunities across regions. You’ll report to the Head of Concept Integration and project managers. We have many stakeholders within the organisation, allowing for ample learning and improvement opportunities. As a team, we are diverse, with a range of shared talents that are action-orientated and service-minded, with expert knowledge of wind farm engineering.
You’ll play an important role in:
- optimising projected wind farm layouts, conceptual technical designs, and installation set-ups to improve the technical solution and business case
- analysing and coordinating internal and external stakeholders’ input in relation to the technical design envelope and consent or permitting processes
- coordinating, challenging, and ensuring alignment across all business case drivers, incl. technical specifications, capital, operational and abandonment expenditures, energy yield, and risk
- developing how we work with our service offerings and processes through improved methodologies, tools, and new technology, in collaboration with the team and stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- preferably have a master’s degree in engineering or a similar discipline
- have experience with offshore wind farms or offshore work within the field of wind turbines, electrical systems, or offshore installation processes
- have a good analytical understanding of the cross-disciplinary dynamic between technical solutions and business cases
- enjoy working with many stakeholders and tasks and have strong communication and collaboration skills.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 27 January 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Julian Ralf Jensen, Head of Wind Farm Concept Integration, on (Denmark +45) 99556187, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.