Sales and energy trading
Intraday Power Trader
Imagine a future where your decisions and market insights have a direct impact on value creation from the world’s largest offshore wind power portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of the fast-moving intraday trading team where you’ll be responsible for balancing and optimising the value gained from the renewable power production from our extensive offshore wind portfolio. You’ll be part of a duty roster, which actively trades power markets 24/7, 365 days a year, and continuously work on improving our trading strategies and the technical set-up we work within. You’ll learn the fundamentals of the ever-changing energy markets and use this knowledge to create real world value from our renewable energy assets.
Welcome to Power Portfolio
You’ll be part of Intraday Power where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of a world which is changing rapidly and therefore constantly must adapt to the situation we find ourselves in. You’ll primarily work from our headquarters in Gentofte, where the trading desk is situated. As a team, we are 12 bright and honest colleagues, who all trust and support each other. We have varied backgrounds and therefore English is often the preferred language in the team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- participating in the 24/7 duty roster, covering 365 days a year
- trading in the intraday markets to balance our power positions in Europe
- monitoring and deciding on short-term trading strategies for our offshore wind portfolio
- generating and driving improvement ideas for our analytical set-up, trading strategies, and operational set-up.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or plan to graduate soon within economics, science, engineering, or similar, combined with a sound understanding of financial products and logical reasoning
- are energetic and want to contribute to the development of trading strategies and bringing the operation into a more digital era
- can take the initiative, make decisions, and act based on market development or asset events
- stay calm in hectic situations and alert in calm situations
- have an interest in acquiring in-depth knowledge of the European power market
- are a team player and are willing to go the extra mile when needed to support your colleagues.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Blomsterberg, Head of Market Operations, on (Denmark +45) 99559465, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.