Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you practice your geological expertise to help develop and engineer new offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be offered a unique geologist specialist position in a dedicated and international team within a rapidly growing industry. You’ll be empowered in your daily work and have plenty of opportunities for professional and personal development.
Welcome to GEO
You’ll be part of Geological and Geophysical Assessments where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for geological and geophysical assessment deliverables to internal and external stakeholders. You’ll be part of a dedicated and inclusive group of colleagues with different backgrounds, who support each other and share knowledge to drive our technical and personal development. As a team, we strive for a high degree of professionalism when contributing to site investigation strategy, performing interpretations, and delivering products for engineering work.
You’ll play an important role in:
- assessing geological and geoscientific data from offshore wind farm sites and export cable routes during project development and being responsible for technical deliveries to stakeholders
- being responsible for the seismic, stratigraphy-based, and geotechnically proven ground model in close cooperation with geotechnical engineers
- integrating a suite of different geoscientific datasets, e.g., UHRS, SBP, MBES, and SSS data and geotechnical data, incl. responsibility for QA of geophysical data and associated interpretations
- developing geological and geophysical assessment workflows and implementing innovative new technology and ways of working
- aligning project-specific objectives, time schedules and end-deliverables for individual surveys and data acquisition campaigns together with geophysical surveys and geotechnical engineering colleagues.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant degree in geology or geoscience and solid experience with using this expertise in a commercial framework with an analytical, yet pragmatic approach
- have solid experience with geological interpretation workflows, incl. sequence stratigraphy, sedimentology, geotechnical interpretation, geohazard assessment, geostatistics, GIS, and geomodelling
- preferably have knowledge of or applied skillsets within programming and scripting with a drive to innovate and improve, having a real impact on projects and processes
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey messages to your stakeholders smoothly and efficiently
- enjoy working with short decision paths and having the opportunity to take leadership for technically challenging processes.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 12 December 2022.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.