Strategy and business development
Head of Business Development Onshore Germany (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for sourcing, managing, and closing onshore wind, solar, and storage M&A transactions in Germany
These transactions range from single-asset purchase agreements to pipeline and potentially add-on platform acquisitions.
Welcome to Business Development
You’ll be part of Business Development where you, together with your colleagues, will collaborate across our teams leading Project Development, Onshore EPC, Finance, Legal, and PPA Origination and Trading. You’ll shape this role and break new ground, delivering and developing as part of a team, with impact in Continental Europe. As an ambitious and bright team player, you’ll work creatively with external stakeholders, partners, and colleagues from across the organisation, developing relationships, mutual understanding, and influence.
You’ll play an important role in:
- setting up and leading a local team of experts for business development activities
- collaborating with Ørsted’s European Onshore leadership team to execute an M&A strategy in the German market, incl. annual growth targets and budgeting/financial planning
- managing M&A and partnership activities for onshore wind, solar, and storage assets, incl. sourcing, initial screening, project and platform diligence, offtake support, execution and negotiation of purchase agreements
- monitoring and understanding local market transactions and trends and maintaining relevant relationsships & networks with external stakeholders
- managing cross-functional collaboration with various teams within Ørsted and external consultants to diligence and close acquisition opportunities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have relevant experience in working in the German power market, executing commercial transactions whilst relying on an existing network of relationships in the renewables sector
- have extensive experience in developing, managing and implemeting growth strategies, and originating business development opportunities with partners and customers
- can build and lead a sucessful team by demonstrating leadership skills and the ability to recruit, develop and grow a winning team
- have completed an MBA or Master degree in economics, finance, law, or engineering
- possess strong analytical skills and financial modelling experience
- have a track record of structuring, negotiating, and closing transactions
- have an existing network of relationships in the German onshore renewables sector.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31st of January 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition team -, on email@example.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be travelling within Germany to meet stakeholders and within Europe to meet your colleagues in other countries.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.