Engineering and construction
Document Controller or Information Management Specialist
Imagine a future where you’re driving the information management and document control agenda in the execution of one of our first power-to-X projects
Join us in this role where you’ll interact with your stakeholders in the project, organise the technical documentation scope, and facilitate the information and documentation agenda. You'll be working in close collaboration with information management colleagues on setting the direction for your project colleagues' documentation and information handling and ensure the implementation of a compliant information management and document control culture in Power-to-X.
Welcome to Project Information Management UK & P2X
You’ll be part of a diverse department of over 70 highly skilled information management specialists working in a matrix organisation where you, together with your colleagues, will contribute at the centre of one of our power-to-X projects, driving the document control discipline while also participating in building the information management culture across the Power-to-X business unit. You'll utilise your collaboration and influencing skills in building good stakeholder relations to support your project colleagues throughout the execution phase in a power-to-X project with document control of technical information as well as general information management.
You’ll play an important role in:
- building relationships and interacting with stakeholders and suppliers in many different roles across cultural and geographical settings
- proactively planning, communicating, and executing the documentation responsibilities within your project scope with a focus on controlled handling of technical documentation
- maintaining the control of information in Aconex, our Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS), utilising our processes to run the documentation review cycle internally and externally
- acquiring project overview and knowledge on a level where you can comfortably answer questions from external and internal stakeholders and support project management’s decision-making
- advising, supporting, and training colleagues in use of EDMS and related processes in collaboration with the information management colleagues to ensure the correct handling of information
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a good understanding of information structures and are energised by continuously looking at developing new and improved ways of handling information
- have a flexible, proactive, and analytical approach to your work, as well as interpersonal skills, enabling you to build strong relationships with your stakeholders
- possess excellent spoken and written communication skills, enabling you to influence your stakeholders by presenting and communicating complex matters in a professional and straightforward manner
- have experience with managing EDMS systems, such as Aconex, throughout different project stages
- have a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree, or an equivalent qualification - a professional focus on information and document management is essential, and experience in the chemical process industry is an advantage.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 4 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Asta Marie Colding Nielsen, Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99556876 on Mondays to Fridays from 09:30-14:00 CET; Central European Time, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.