Strategy and business development
Senior Carbon Project Developer
Imagine a future where you develop and implement high quality carbon projects worldwide together with a team of dedicated colleagues
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for developing nature-based carbon projects. You’ll have a central role from the development of the project design and implementation to the development and certification of emission reductions through managing the certification process, e.g., under Verra. This includes developing the project documentation, ensuring validation, monitoring and verification, and getting the credits certified. You’ll also be involved in the day-to-day project management, project investments, and planning.
Welcome to Bioenergy
You’ll be part of Bioenergy Sustainability where you, together with your colleagues, will develop best-in-class nature-based carbon projects across the globe. We’re a small team who work transparently and coordinate closely every day. We exchange ideas and knowledge and make sure our competencies are used in the best possible way. We travel frequently to cooperate with our partners and co-develop our projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing international nature-based carbon projects from initial contact to registration of credits
- writing up project documents under the VCS standard
- engaging with local project partners and other stakeholders
- ensuring internal engagement, alignment, and reporting within the organisation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have managed complex projects, preferably outside Europe and the US
- preferably have experience with developing nature-based carbon projects, preferably peat and mangrove restoration projects, and have been lead author of documents under the VCS standard
- have a perseverant nature and are able to stay focused
- have good social skills and cultural understanding to build networks both among project stakeholders as well as internally in the organisation
- hold a relevant academic background.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 22 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Peter Kofod Kristensen, Director, on (Denmark +45) 99554630 from Mondays to Fridays from 09:00-16:00 CET, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll develop and manage projects in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.