Finance and controlling
Senior Technical Accountant
Imagine a future where you’re part of the Financial Accounting & Controlling team, ensuring excellent financial reporting by leveraging business knowledge
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a broad set of financial accounting and reporting processes concerning the Group’s legal entities. You’ll be involved in the preparation of financial statements and deal with external stakeholders. Drawing from your analytical skills you’ll help with assessing interesting transactions for appropriate accounting treatment.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling (FAC)
You’ll be part of our global Financial Accounting & Controlling team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the controlling of financial reporting and delivering standardized, high-quality, and timely accounting and reporting products. Working from our Chicago office, you’ll be part of a fast-growing local team that supports the onshore wind division in North America. The FAC team is united in supporting each other’s development and delivering on outcomes with integrity and by valuing teamwork.
You’ll play an important role in:
- contributing to technical accounting research and policy-setting, incl. implementing and monitoring compliance with relevant accounting standards
- the financial controlling and reporting of several of our North American corporate, project and joint venture entities
- contributing to periodic US GAAP reporting for internal and external users and interface with external auditors regarding statutory financial statements
- monitoring and managing our US intercompany reconciliations and cost allocation models and collaborating with tax colleagues in preparing and maintaining book-to-tax schedules and documentation
- driving the continuous optimization of processes, specifically in connection with month-end closing and our reporting systems
- assisting in accounting for non-routine transactions, such as acquisitions, divestitures, and debt transactions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a CPA licence or equivalent professional qualification, and have experience working in a public accounting firm or an accounting department in an international company
- have thorough knowledge of US GAAP (IFRS a bonus) and have experience with implementing new accounting pronouncements, e.g., revenue recognition, business combinations and leases
- thrive in a fast-changing environment, take independent responsibility, and enjoy working with colleagues across teams and national borders
- speak and write English at an advanced level, and can communicate clearly in writing, and excel at communicating financial accounting concepts in a readily understandable manner
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues as well as the ability to critically handle information you receive
- are organised, results-orientated, and great at setting goals for your tasks and can balance multiple priorities and drive timely outcomes.