Engineering and construction
Civil/Structural Engineering Manager for onshore facilities
Imagine a future where you develop, design, and construct onshore facilities for our P2X and offshore wind projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for managing design, engineering and construction activities for onshore projects from design and construction until handover to our Operations team. You’ll be responsible for the onshore project in relation to all matters pertaining to design, layout, construction, and interfaces. Additionally, you’ll ensure that all input and constraints from internal stakeholders are available in due time, from feasibility and concept studies to detailed design and construction follow-up.
Welcome to Engineering
You’ll be part of Civil Engineering Management where you, together with your colleagues, will work with projects in all phases from idea and maturation to execution and evaluation. You‘ll be working within a core team of 15 bright and caring engineers located in five different countries. As a team, we collaborate and share knowledge daily and focus on building a trust-based culture that makes the best platform for a great learning environment and continuous feedback.
You’ll play an important role in:
- using your technical skills to make sure that our onshore facilities and plants will be designed, constructed, and modified to ensure that internal requirements are reflected in the layout and design, incl. identifying risks
- driving the project deliveries within your technical discipline area covering concept layouts, requirements and specifications on design, input in tender process, and supervision of deliveries from contractors and vendors
- ensuring procurement of contracts in collaboration with contract managers, namely preparing technical requirements i.e., project scope statements
- preparing in-depth technical input ensuring engineering and construction are carried through, based on balanced contracts and that they are optimised in time, costs, and QHSE.
To succeed in the role, you:
- value collaboration across your team and thrive solving complex and abstract problems together with your team across country borders/regions
- have an innovative and analytical approach to your work, with a focus on QHSE and cost effectiveness
- have experience in collaboration with an external design team in managing and executing a design contract for either production facilities, onshore substations, operations/maintenance facilities, marine work via physical and virtual meetings across central Europe
- have experience as civil, structural engineer manager, or construction contractor and have an insight into the building project phases, concept evaluation, design and engineering, and construction
- have a degree in civil and/or structural engineering.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 24 February 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Frank Zeller, Senior Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99558230 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.