Finance and controlling
Lead Financial Controller, Offshore Wind
Imagine a future where you’re part of the Financial Controlling team, ensuring excellent financial reporting by leveraging business knowledge and experience
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a broad set of financial accounting and reporting processes concerning the Group’s legal entities, incl. month-end closing, reconciliations, statutory accounts, as well as for performing internal controls. You’ll also play a large role in process optimization, aided by your significant experience in the field.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling (FAC)
You’ll be part of the Financial Controlling team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering standardized, high-quality, and timely reporting products. The FAC team is united in delivering on outcomes with integrity and by valuing teamwork.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading technical accounting research and policy-setting, incl. implementing and monitoring compliance with relevant accounting standards
- being responsible for the financial controlling and reporting of our North American corporate and joint venture entities associated with the offshore wind division
- overseeing the periodic US GAAP reporting for internal and external users and interfacing with external auditors of US GAAP financial statements
- monitoring and managing our US intercompany reconciliations and cost allocation models
- driving the continuous optimization of processes – specifically in connection with month-end closing and our reporting systems
- holding responsibility for communication with joint venture partners regarding accounting matters.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a CPA license, or equivalent professional qualification and experience working in either a public accounting firm or an accounting department in an international company
- have thorough knowledge of US GAAP, with IFRS experience being a bonus, both from a theoretical and practical point of view
- have experience with implementing new accounting pronouncements, e.g., revenue recognition, business combinations, and leases
- take a methodical approach to your work and excel at communicating financial accounting concepts in a readily understandable manner
- can balance multiple priorities and drive timely outcomes in a fast-changing environment
- can coach and lead other team members through effectively sharing your knowledge and experience.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than October 16, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.