Finance and controlling
Senior Financial Accountant / Controller / R2R expert
Imagine a future where you drive and power excellent financial reporting by leveraging business knowledge and process optimisation
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a broad set of financial accounting and reporting processes concerning the Group’s legal entities, incl. month-end closing, reconciliations, statutory accounts, as well as for performing internal controls.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling (FAC)
You’ll be part of our Financial Accounting team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering standardised, high-quality, and timely accounting and reporting products within FAC. Please note that the first 9-12 months of this role will be placed in the UK markets team where you’ll drive the closure of a London-based sales business. The role is then expected to transition into the larger Financial Accounting team supporting the UK region which supports offshore wind.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting the UK markets business with a broad range of financial support as it exits the UK market
- preparing appropriate financial journals, and reconciling your entities’ accounts
- preparing statutory accounts and providing high quality audit documentation
- reporting on several legal entities for group reporting purposes (IFRS)
- delivering on other local reporting requirements, e.g., VAT and National Statistics
- meeting requirements for Joint Venture reporting in offshore and related deliverables.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, controlling, or similar e.g., ACA, ACCA, or CIMA
- have relevant experience working in a public accounting firm or a controlling department in an international company, incl. thorough knowledge of IFRS
- speak and write English on an academic level, and can communicate clearly in writing, and excel at communicating financial issues in a readily understandable language
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues as well as the ability to critically handle information
- thrive in a changing environment, take independent responsibility, and enjoy working with colleagues across teams and national borders
- are result-oriented and set visible and relevant goals for your tasks.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ben McVeagh-Holness, Senior Manager, on (United Kingdom +44) 7584521987 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (home and office-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.