IT and digital
Senior Full Stack Developer with Python
Imagine a future where your work with software development is a key driver of the digital transformation in green energy trading
Join us in this role where you’ll have the responsibility and opportunity to develop solutions in an ever-changing world of energy trading. You’ll enable web-based and desktop applications that support the electrical design process in a simple, user-friendly way. The Foundation design product area is part of E-ART, where we develop software tools for engineers. E-ART is part of our international IT department, working closely together with the different business units across Northern Europe.
Welcome to Custom Application Competency Centre I
You’ll be part of our IT Competency Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will develop custom applications to support wind farm operations through their entire lifecycle. You’ll join our global and diverse IT department which comprises more than 500 skilled and dedicated colleagues across Europe and in Malaysia. Our team focuses on having a healthy work-life balance and supports flexible working hours. As a team, we’re a group of colleagues from different areas. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be joining scrum ceremonies and delivering value on an iterative basis, whilst also having fun.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating business value by developing and maintaining extended functionality on IT products for our Engineering business users, focusing mostly on in-house jacket foundation design software
- working closely together with internal and external consultants and key resources on the business side
- programming in Python and Angular
- creating and maintaining software solutions for both internal users and external customers and vendors
- participating in daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, and sprint planning ceremonies with colleagues, as well as ensuring the optimisation of the Agile development process.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an academic degree at bachelor level in a relevant field and/or professional experience developing applications in Python, knowledge of package management systems, e.g., Conda, and templating engines, e.g., Jinja
- can design features and front-end user interactions on PyQt and VTK; experience with Angular is an added advantage for future expansion
- have experience with distributed systems development and an ability to integrate third-party libraries and executables
- have hands-on experience working with several types of Python libraries, e.g., NumPy, Matplotlib, startables, pytest, and Pandas (mathematical modelling)
- familiarity with DevOps and associated tools ecosystems and demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate business and technical requirements.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14 May 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Karolina Kowalska, , on (Poland +48) 451060084, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.