IT and digital
Python Fullstack Developer
Imagine a future where you create software solutions and build front-end applications that help create a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for enabling web-based and desktop applications that support the electrical design process in a simple user-friendly way. You’ll develop, support, and maintain application for our platforms to support our digital transformation.
Welcome to Business Applications
You’ll be a part of our Engineering ART where you, together with your colleagues, will develop software tools for engineers. You’ll join our international IT department, which counts more than 500 skilled and dedicated colleagues working closely together with the different business units across Northern Europe and in Malaysia.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating business value by developing and maintaining extended functionality on IT products for Engineering business users, mostly focusing on data-processing, quality assurance, and reporting
- programming in Python and Angular in the future
- supporting and working closely with internal and external consultants and key resources on the business side
- creating and maintaining software solutions for both internal users and external customers and vendors by participating in daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, and sprint planning ceremonies.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or professional experience developing applications in Python and package management systems (e.g. conda) and templating engines (jinja)
- are able to design features and front-end user interactions on PyQt and VTK and are familiar with DevOps and associated tools ecosystem
- preferably have experience with Angular for future expansion
- have hands-on experience working with several types of Python libraries, such as NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, startables, pytest, and Pandas (mathematical modelling), while advocating clean coding principles and development best practices (SOLID, DRY)
- apply best software development practices, including source control systems, such as git, and conducting code reviews, pull requests, and automated testing
- demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate business and technical requirements.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.