Engineering and construction
Power Transmission System Engineering Specialist
Imagine a future where you take up technical challenges in interface management, unleashing your potential in developing System Engineering
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the systems engineering concept and management processes, tools, and implementation to shape how we manage interfaces to ensure system integrity on projects in Power Transmission.
Welcome to Power Transmission
You’ll be part of Substations Electrical & Mechanical Engineering where you, together with your talented and motivated colleagues, will ensure interface management during design, sourcing, integration, and execution of the various scopes within Power Transmission and across various projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and implementing management processes for the projects throughout the project lifecycle, with a focus on system integrity and grid code compliance
- embedding system engineering concepts and practices in relevant projects and onboarding the new projects in the implementation of the System Engineering Concept (SEC) Hub tool, incl. training your colleagues
- facilitating and supervising the integration workshops and providing technical guidance on how to use the methodology while preparing and maintaining materials to support the systems engineering management, processes, standards, and templates
- ensuring the quality of the project team interfaces deliverables while gathering best practices, consolidating lessons learned and implementing learnings
- project managing the maturation of the concept, incl. development of roadmaps, charters, and decision approval from management
- attending relevant work groups in System Engineering to stay on top of market developments and contributing to the strategic and operational development of the system engineering concept.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an engineering degree, preferably in electrical engineering and are interested in working with projects related to onshore and offshore substations
- have extensive experience in construction projects development and execution, preferably in onshore/offshore substations
- have experience from complex technical energy systems projects
- have very strong communication skills and are highly experienced in facilitating meetings/workshops
- have a deep understanding of how to drive the requirements and interface management at each stage of the project, incl. project development, FEED, design, execution installation, commissioning, and operation phases
- are curious and open to new ways of working with new design processes and can collaborate with your team members and all stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mana Saravi, Senior Manager, on (Denmark +45) 24993787 on Tuesdays to Thursdays from 11:00-13:00 CEST; Central European Summer Time, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.