Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior Legal Counsel
Imagine a future where you work on large scale offshore wind or hydrogen projects to support our green transformation
Join us in this role as Senior Legal Counsel or Senior Attorney-at-Law in the global EPC & Operations legal team where you’ll be drafting and negotiating sourcing contracts for our offshore wind and hydrogen projects, and you’ll provide high-quality legal advice to our projects and procurement teams around the world.
Welcome to Legal
You’ll be part of Legal EPC & Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will act as counsel or attorney-at-law on our different large and complex sourcing contracts for our offshore wind and hydrogen projects. You’ll be an integral part of a diverse team of eleven competent, experienced, and committed colleagues who value collaboration and knowledge sharing, as talent win games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being the in-house lawyer on our sourcing contracts, and draft and negotiate these contracts related to our offshore wind farms and hydrogen projects
- advising the relevant management teams on the respective sourcing contracts
- developing and continuously improving our standard contracts
- providing legal advice on claims relating to the sourcing contracts
- engaging and controlling external law firms.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have prior experience from a major law firm or in-house legal role working as counsel or attorney-at-law with a focus on infrastructure and construction contracts, such as FIDIC
- are pragmatic and thrive on working independently in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with multiple parallel workstreams
- possess outstanding English written and oral communication skills
- are a fully qualified counsel or attorney-at law, or qualified as a solicitor
- have a self-driven, service-oriented, and structured approach to your work tasks and clients, as well as a commercially sound judgement.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 06 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Flemming Bert Midtgaard, Head of Legal EPC & Operations, on (Denmark +45) 99556967 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.