Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where your competences are key in enabling a robust tool chain supporting the execution of design for offshore wind turbine foundations
Join us in this role where you’ll be the product manager of our internally developed tool chain, namely our turbine response and design load analysis tools. You’ll be working in close collaboration and alignment with designers, numerical specialists, and IT software developers to ensure that user demands are accommodated while being compliant for the overall direction and strategy of the tools package. You’ll be key in ensuring that our tools package is fit for future, by which you’ll have an active role in shaping the strategy.
Welcome to Structures & Loads
You’ll be part of the newly established Tool Development team where you, together with your colleagues, will constantly push development and maintenance of our internally developed design tools while continuously ensuring the applicability of what is developed to design and user-friendliness. Our functional area, Power Generation, has offices in two locations in Denmark; Gentofte and Skærbæk, while other interfacing colleagues are, among other places located in London, Warsaw, Hamburg, Kuala Lumper, USA, and Taiwan.
You’ll play an important role in:
- stakeholder management with subject matter experts, other product managers, area managers, and interfaces towards IT
- facilitating and driving development of product roadmap, strategy, and vision
- being the main interface to and from the team, shielding the development team from requests, being a clear point of contact for the rest of the organisation
- planning and budgeting, incl. facilitating PI planning together with operating and maintaining the backlog of features
- facilitating alignment and consistency between tools within the team and operation with the other teams.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are structured, curious, outgoing, proactive, and engaging in your approach to problem solving, and enjoy knowledge sharing and sparring with colleagues
- are familiar with commonly used working methods, such as SAFe Agile framework PI planning’s, scrum methodology, etc.
- have a relevant engineering degree (MSc) and preferably some years of experience within programming and software development combined with project or product management experience
- are fluent in English, both in speaking and in writing, and have good communication skills
- will contribute to shaping a vision and strategy for the tools package and, especially, being able to communicate said strategy to stakeholders effectively.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 29 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Henrik Skovgaard Simonsen, Manager, on +4599555765 on Mondays if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.