Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you work at the cutting edge of the offshore wind industry by helping to deliver high-quality wind farm projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team of environment and consenting experts, working on the largest portfolio of offshore wind farm projects in the world, which will provide you with a unique opportunity to develop your career. You’ll be continually striving to ensure we lead the industry from the front while nurturing and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
Welcome to Environment & Consents
You’ll be part of UK Development where you, together with your colleagues, will work in the development phase of our projects from project set-up through to planning consent. You’ll work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop UK offshore wind farms in accordance with relevant environmental and planning legislation. We’re recruiting for a number of environment manager roles.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting/leading on being innovative and forward thinking – the rapidly growing industry requires us to grow and adapt with it
- representing the Environment & Consents department and our company with key stakeholders
- being part of a consents team led by the consents manager, leading on specific topic areas encountered in the development phase
- supporting/leading the development and implementation of consenting strategies
- supporting/leading on defining and coordinating the delivery of documentation and applications, for example to secure a consent award or marine licence.
To succeed in the role, you:
- ideally have experience in the offshore wind sector, though relevant experience from other large infrastructure projects is welcome
- can demonstrate an understanding of the UK terrestrial and/or marine planning systems
- can deliver on time and to budget while managing competing demands in respect of project priorities and stakeholder advice
- ideally have a degree in ecology, environmental science, or planning
- preferably have a demonstrable specialism in project management, team leadership, or a particular environmental or planning field, with a clear understanding of how to apply your knowledge in the planning processes
- can effectively communicate with a wide group of stakeholders, explain complex issues, and actively solve problems.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 24 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Sergio Zappulo, Head of Consents - UK Development, on +447788229229 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we’re happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and homeworking) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.