Finance and controlling
Senior Financial Accountant, Team Lead, Offshore Wind
Imagine a future where you’re part of the Financial Accounting team, ensuring excellent financial reporting by leveraging business knowledge and process optimization
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a broad set of financial accounting and reporting processes concerning the Group’s legal entities, including month-end closing, reconciliations, statutory accounts, as well as for performing internal controls. You’ll furthermore play a large role in process optimization, aided by your significant experience in the field.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling (FAC)
You’ll be part of the Financial Accounting team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering standardized, high-quality, and timely accounting and reporting products within FAC.
You’ll play an important role in:
- preparing appropriate financial journals and reconciling your entities’ accounts
- preparing statutory financial statements in accordance with US GAAP accounting standards and providing high-quality audit documentation
- reporting on a number of legal entities for group reporting purposes
- delivering on other local reporting requirements, e.g. sales and use tax and industry surveys
- meeting requirements for joint venture reporting and other related deliverables
- contributing to technical accounting research and policy-setting, including implementing compliance with relevant accounting standards.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, controlling, or similar (CPA or equivalent strongly preferred)
- have relevant experience working in a public accounting firm or a dynamic finance department, preferably in an international company
- have thorough knowledge of US GAAP, and have experience with implementing new accounting pronouncements, e.g. business combinations and leases
- speak and write English at an academic level, can communicate clearly in writing, and excel at communicating financial issues in a readily understandable language
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues as well as the ability to critically handle information you receive
- are results-oriented and set visible and relevant goals for your tasks.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than August 31, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process, we’re happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.