Engineering and construction
Senior Subsea Cable Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re using your skills to support our offshore wind projects by optimising cable design and installation working with a wide range of stakeholders
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of the Subsea Cables engineering team in our Geotechnical Department, working on international offshore wind projects with dedicated specialists in a global organisation. Using your engineering skills, you’ll perform ground-based risk assessments to optimise the cable routing, installation, design, and cable protection throughout the lifespan of the wind farm.
Welcome to Geotechnical Department
You’ll be part of Subsea Cables Team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for handling ground-based risk assessments for cable installation and design from the early development phase through to execution. You’ll be part of a team focusing on building skills and improving workflow efficiency. We offer a unique opportunity to work with a wide range of stakeholders like internal geoscience teams in Site Investigation, Offshore Cable Installation, and Cable Supply, as well as external stakeholders like installation contractors.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting the installation and design of subsea cables like constraint mapping, tool assessments, Cable Burial Risk Assessments (CBRA), and assessments for burial requirements, etc.
- communicating ground-based risk assessments based on geotechnical and geophysical data and installation data as part of a large project organisation
- engaging with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that cable design and installation are conducted according to best industry practice
- manipulating large multidisciplinary datasets (geotechnical, geophysical, trenching, installation and as-built, operational) to do modelling and bespoke assessments (including plotting and reporting)
- supporting the development of in-house tools for improved work performance and working with the rest of the team to continuously improve the way we work.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a master’s degree or a PhD in engineering, preferably in geoscience, civil engineering, or equivalent field
- have substantial experience, preferably within offshore cable or pipeline engineering work
- possess excellent leadership skills, enabling you to communicate in a confident and clear way to both peers and superiors
- have a basic understanding of GIS software
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 24 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mette Møller Pedersen Wolff, Team Lead, on +4599556718 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that your expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be working with the team across the UK and Denmark and potentially travel in relation to project work. The travel activity depends on the projects you’ll be supporting.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.