Engineering and construction
Senior Structural Engineer
Imagine a future where you play a key role in developing and designing our U.S. offshore wind farm foundations
Join us in this role where you’ll be given a unique opportunity to follow our U.S. asset projects through their stages from development to design, including follow-up during fabrication and installation. You’ll be responsible for the sound design of our U.S. offshore wind turbine and substation foundations.
Welcome to Structures and Loads
You’ll be part of our Structures and Loads team, which is made up of skilled and dedicated metoceans, loads analysis, primary, and secondary structures engineers, corrosion and cathodic protection specialists, and 3D CAD designers. In collaboration with your colleagues, you’ll provide technical guidance and make decisions for our U.S. asset projects, including proactively ensuring high quality and innovative design of our structures.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying design risks throughout the U.S. asset project life cycles and notifying the relevant stakeholders, i.e., designers, project managers, lead specialists, etc
- collaborating with design colleagues from our Geotechnical department
- being one of our licensed U.S. professional engineers who’ll be responsible for the stamped primary structures portion of deliverables to BOEM
- developing trust in US engineering activities by following up on design work, facilitating design review meetings, attending project meetings and technical discussions, and performing QA of deliverables
- replying to technical queries from the design team, primarily based in Europe, in relation to applicable U.S. regulatory requirements and design standards (CFR, USCG, OSHA, API, AISC, AWEA, ISO, etc.)
- replying to technical queries in the fabrication and installation phase, including performing First Article Inspections of primary structures at the fabrication sites.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience with steel design of primary structures for offshore wind turbine foundations, or similar offshore structures i.e., the applicable U.S. regulatory as well as design and fabrication standards
- are a licensed professional engineer for one or more states or are eligible for licensure within 12 months of hire
- have a master’s degree in civil/structural engineering or significant professional experience with structural dynamics
- are experienced in numerical modelling, preferably with the ANSYS software package
- are self-motivated, take responsibility, and have a pragmatic approach to your work, since you’ll be managing many different tasks and stakeholders across our U.S. projects
- thrive in an international and diverse work environment where collaboration and communication with stakeholders are vital to your role.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than January 31, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.