Engineering and construction
Head of Deputy EPC Directors and Project Management Support
Imagine a future where you’ll lead and develop key resources for some of the world’s largest offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll set the direction for growing our Project Management Support globally by leading, motivating, and inspiring your team to excel in PMI competencies and support for our Product Line and Asset projects in Development and Execution.
Welcome to Deputy EPC Directors and Project Management Support
You’ll be part of Deputy EPC Directors and Project Management Support where you, together with your colleagues, will help secure successful delivery of our offshore wind farms. You’ll lead Deputy EPC Directors and be responsible for Digitalisation & Business Applications and a large project-focused support function, including Project Information Management, Planning, Risk & Integration Management, and Project & Site Support. Your department consists of 200 highly skilled colleagues working on offshore projects in Europe, US, and the APAC region, as well as internal improvement projects. Your focus will be on ensuring an efficient and value-adding setup for the function in our growing global footprint.
You’ll play an important role in:
- optimising and developing the area, and implementing strategies and goals to fulfil Ørsted’s growth ambitions towards 2030
- driving the digital agenda for the department, and ensuring continuous improvement of ways of working, tools, and processes
- ensuring the diverse highly skilled management team is led to thrive and grow as a high performing team
- ensuring that the management team provide skilled and competent resources to projects, incl. recruitment and further training and development in the department.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree in business economics or engineering
- have leadership experience from a large international matrix organisation and a track record of strong communication and social skills along with a drive for inclusion and diversity
- have strong project leadership experience and good knowledge of international project management standards, such as PMI, IPMA or PRINCE2
- have gained hands-on experience with all phases of the construction of large infrastructure offshore projects
- have collaborative stakeholder management skills and the ability to connect teams with an empathetic drive and acknowledging approach to leadership.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jan Thomsen, Vice President, on +4599555851 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.