Engineering and construction
Senior Project Lead for Offshore Cable Installation
Imagine a future where you play a key role in managing the construction of our offshore wind farm projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for engineering, tendering, and managing the installation of export and array cables from the early design phase, including tendering and contract signing, through to the final execution of the project. Typical scopes of work include cable burial, cable protection system installation, rock placement, crossing installation, intertidal works, and jointing operations.
Welcome to the Offshore Cable Installation department
You’ll be part of an enthusiastic and committed team where you, together with your colleagues, will provide project management competences and technical cable installation specialist competences at all stages of the projects. You’ll be allocated to a Lead position in an exciting new market and your team will consist of around seven dedicated peers working across multiple timezones in Europe and America.
You’ll play an important role in:
- establishing and supporting the tendering strategy to achieve contract awards for the installation scopes
- supporting the project with a strong emphasis on safety, quality, contracts, and budget
- managing and coordinating key offshore cable installation activities
- identifying and managing risks and developing best practice by means of continual improvement
- engaging with internal and external stakeholders, developing trust and cooperation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience with subsea cable installation construction projects in a leading role, for example as lead installation manager, lead installation engineer, or lead project engineer
- have a proven track record of strong stakeholder management skills and project management competences
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- thrive in an international and diverse environment and can create good relationships with your stakeholders
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Tony Livingstone, Manager for Offshore Cable Installation, on +447896699733 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be required to meet your team and manage your stakeholders and suppliers.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.