Finance and controlling
Senior Financial Controller
Imagine a future where you leverage business knowledge and process optimisation to ensure excellent financial reporting to our stakeholders
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the financial controlling of several UK legal entities, incl. controlling the monthly figures based on IFRS, annual reports based on local GAAP, and ensuring that processes and internal control descriptions are in place and well executed. In this role, you’ll work with a lot of complex accounting issues. You’ll also work with the standardisation and automatisation of processes in controlling.
Welcome to Financial Accounting and Controlling
You’ll be part of Financial Controlling where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure compliance and deliver high-quality and timely financial reporting to our internal and external stakeholders. You’ll also work closely with our auditors to ensure that documentation is delivered according to an agreed quality and in a timely manner. As a team, we support each other solving complex accounting tasks. We make use of the individual skillsets in the team and ensure that all team members have challenging tasks. We also make sure that we develop as team and as individuals.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring efficient and compliant processes by driving the continuous improvement, in close collaboration with colleagues and management
- ensuring timely deliverables with agreed quality to internal and external stakeholders
- driving and ensuring the implementation of our standard processes
- planning audits and maintaining a close dialogue with external auditors
- technical accounting controlling, incl. implementing and monitoring compliance, primarily with IFRS but also local GAAP accounting
- being a trusted collaborator for internal and external stakeholders and striving to leave the stakeholder with a good experience.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues, as well as the ability to respond positively to feedback
- possess a robust background in accounting, with significant experience gained from a tenure at a large accounting firm, complemented by hands-on expertise from the accounting department in a global corporation
- communicate clearly in writing, incl. being adept at communicating financial issues in a straightforward manner
- possess thorough knowledge of IFRS, from both a theoretical standpoint and even more so from a practical and operational point of view
- speak and write English fluently at an academic level.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.