Engineering and construction
(Senior/Lead) Offshore Cable Installation Manager (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you’re part of building new offshore wind farms while being responsible for the installation of cables
Join us in this role where you’ll ensure quality of planning, tendering, and installation of offshore array and export cables. You’ll be responsible for providing project management skills and technical support associated with the development, engineering, and execution of the offshore cable installation to facilitate the installation of HV array and export cables connecting our offshore wind farms to the shore interface. You’ll be interacting directly with the contractors, consultants, and a vast suite of internal stakeholders to manage the scope and relevant interfaces.
Welcome to Construction
You’ll be part of the Offshore Cable Installation team where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of a project team planning and executing the installation of array and export cables. You’ll be cooperating closely with colleagues across Europe, the US, and APAC who all go the extra mile for a safe and efficient offshore construction campaign. We’re a diverse team of 70 global offshore installation managers, specialists, and engineers who share complementary skillsets and common commitment to delivering high-quality work. In our department, we embrace learning opportunities, personal development, and continuous improvement to processes. As a team, we value open and honest communication to work together to learn, train, excel in our scopes, and keep an open mind to take on new challenges.
You’ll play an important role in:
- planning the installation of the offshore cable scope, incl. technical and commercial assessment of different installation methodologies and equipment
- tendering process and contract negotiations for the offshore cable installation scope
- being responsible for the installation contractors and their delivered quality, managing processes, time schedules, and budget of the assigned projects
- being responsible for the interfaces to internal and external stakeholders e.g., GIS, Engineering, CPS, FOU and OSS Installation, local Authorities and Governmental Agencies, etc.
- identifying and actively sharing synergies and optimisation opportunities across projects by implementing a lessons learned process
- timely project closing, incl. required documentation release and handover to O&M.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering, civil Engineering, marine engineering, wind energy, or similar
- demonstrate a 'Can-Do' attitude and the ability of problem solving within a complex matrix organisation
- possess strong project management capabilities with a structured, service-minded, and flexible approach to the assigned scope
- have an understanding of tendering and contracting of subsea cable installation
- are a great team player, self-starting, highly motivated, and show willingness to travel
- have excellent intercultural communication and negotiation skills in English.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Don’t hesitate to contact Daria Szanel-Mironowicz, Senior Manager, on (+45) 99555035 from Mondays and Fridays between 14:00-14:30 CET, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.