Operations and technicians
Technical Planner for Offshore Substations (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you actively contribute to making offshore wind more reliable, more affordable, and more sustainable
Join us in this role where you’ll optimise the maintenance and operation of our offshore substations in Germany, connecting more than 2000MW of generation capacity to the onshore grid. You’ll be responsible for resolving and escalating technical issues identified by our offshore teams, identifying opportunities for improvement, and ensuring a safe, efficient, and inspiring working environment for everyone. You’ll be responsible for contributing to long-term planning of work, sourcing of tools, equipment and services, the development of our maintenance strategies, and the technical interface of our suppliers.
Welcome to Regional Support Central Europe
You’ll be part of HV & Transmission Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure that our technicians get the technical support, tools, spare parts, instructions, and information they need to service our offshore assets. Our team of 30+ technicians, control room operators, planners, and team leads is based in Norden-Norddeich, executing offshore service tasks, as well as surveillance and supervision duties from the main control room in our onshore service hub. As a team, we embrace our differences, learn from each other every day, and always aim for peak performance.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing our offshore service providers, from scope definition, through contract negotiations, to execution
- resolving technical issues identified by our offshore teams by finding solutions, involving other subject-matter experts, or escalating to our international engineering teams
- supporting the resource planning to ensure that our duty roster meets the requirements of the maintenance plan
- identifying, developing, and facilitating solutions, improvements, and innovations in the technology we use, and the processes we employ
- ensuring smooth offshore operations by providing our on-site teams with expertise, logistics, equipment, and support.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a technical degree at European Qualification Framework level 6, e.g., as a bachelor’s, Meister, or similar, in an engineering discipline
- possess knowledge about planning maintenance tasks for technical assets, preferably for substations, complex buildings, or High Voltage Transmission systems
- can empower the team with your curiosity, willingness to learn, enthusiasm, and helpfulness
- keep safety at the front of your mind at all times when prioritising, planning, or conducting any kind of work
- preferably already have experience of managing service contractors, incl. reviewing maintenance reports, drafting contracts, and aligning on work planning.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 02 July 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Peter Engel, Manager HV&Transmission Operation, on (+49) 1723865058 on Mondays to Fridays between 10:00-12:00 CEST; Central European Summer Time if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.