Operations and technicians
OT Security Expert - Wind Energy Masters Scholarship
Imagine a future where you're responsible for the integrity of wind turbine operation on the world’s biggest offshore wind farms
Kickstart your career with our Wind Energy Masters Scholarship. We offer you a position where for two years you’ll be attached to your respective business as a full-time employee, and on your third year you’ll be enrolled to online master’s education programme in Danish Technical University and will be working 30 hours per week.
Welcome to the Wind Energy Masters Scholarship
This opportunity for students with a bachelor’s degree in engineering, procurement, or construction, is a great chance for those seeking to explore their master’s education in wind energy. Join us in this role where you’ll work closely with IT, engineering, and OT experts and with corporate security functions to help develop and strengthen the cybersecurity posture and compliance in offshore windfarm operations. In this way, you’ll foster the cybersecurity risk culture and approach, assess our risks, drive risk treatment activities, and develop the methodology and processes within the context of offshore wind farm operations where the cyber threat landscape and compliance requirements are constantly increasing.
You’ll be developing strategic competencies, learn how to manage complex requirements, and bridgehead OT operations security activities with formal information security management processes to strengthen compliance with a couple of international and national standards in energy generation and critical infrastructures. As a team, we have a culture of learning and improvement, work as a team, help across and have a flexible working environment.
You’ll play an important role in:
- cybersecurity risk management processes (ISO27005, IEC62443) and risk assessments, especially more detailed threat and vulnerability analyses of windfarm IT and OT infrastructures
- maintaining the risk register and developing sound reporting to provide clear risk pictures for stakeholders, assisting with and following up on mitigating actions
- helping to develop control assessment methods e.g., self-assessments, performing such assessments and being involved in setting up improvement measures
- helping or driving improvements and optimisations of technical and organisational controls, especially improvements of operational processes, security architecture, and IT/OT integration aspects
- maintaining and preparing audit-relevant artefacts of cyber security governance risk and compliance management
- complying with the relevant national regulatory requirement and international industrial standards.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have technical knowledge and understanding of IT/OT security, ideally in the area of IACS (Industrial Automation and Control Systems)
- have a good SCADA, OT, and IT knowledge, possible acquired through a bachelor´s degree or similar in electrical or software engineering or similar engineering knowledge
- speak English fluently
- quickly grasp new technical knowledge
- are a self-driven individual with an ability to work independently on complex technical tasks
- value collaboration and enjoy building relationships both within and outside the immediate team in a big organisation.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 June 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.