Operations and technicians
Project & Contractor Specialist - Offshore Wind
Imagine a future where you ensure the execution of operational campaigns, projects, or activities performed by external contractors at the wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll support the lead project & contractor manager’s regional hubs’ project activities, i.e. various scopes related to turbine (WTG) and balance-of-plant (BoP) service and maintenance that aren’t being delivered as part of the central maintenance campaigns and troubleshooting provided by the operational site teams. The delivery can be across single sites, or the entire region, and the project & contractor manager is responsible for alignment of project execution and third-party expenditure through efficient procurement activity within the region.
Welcome to Operations
You’ll be part of our Site Support team where you, together with your colleagues, will integrate our Site Operations teams for our Northeast wind farms, working closely with the global Operations teams. You’ll ensure the safe, economical, and timely execution of any operational campaigns, projects, or activities performed by external contractors at the wind farm. As a team, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for communicating customer’s time, quality, and cost along with Health, Safety, and Environment requirements to project teams and drive productivity, performance, and safety
- leading project meetings, e.g., kick off, mobilization, execution, and close-out, with the internal team and suppliers, capturing key discussions and actions in minutes
- managing contracts for the maintenance of onshore and offshore facilities within the region and ensuring collaboration and alignment with key internal and external stakeholders
- acting as the primary point of contact to Ørsted’s project teams and East Coast sites for project work and queries
- ensuring projects are adequately resourced on site, incl. vessel/berthing capacity, facility space, marine coordination, operational control, PPE, and IT equipment.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in the offshore energy, offshore, or maritime sector
- have experience with project management or project delivery
- hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent experience in a technical, nautical, or supply-chain discipline
- have commercial knowledge and experience
- are committed to complete the training/certification required to go on offshore visits, via CTVs or SO and advanced GWO training and medical offshore readiness
- are a strong team player, able to motivate others to assist in delivery of their own objectives.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than June 6, 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.