Finance and controlling
Senior Financial Controller (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you leverage business knowledge and process optimisation to ensure excellent financial reporting to our stakeholders
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the financial controlling of several German and Dutch legal entities, incl. controlling the monthly figures based on IFRS, annual reports based on local GAAP, and ensuring that processes are stable, efficient, and well executed. In this role, you’ll work with a lot of complex accounting issues. You’ll also work with the standardisation and automation of processes in controlling.
Welcome to Financial Accounting and Controlling
You’ll be part of Financial Controlling where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver compliant, high-quality, and timely financial reporting to our internal and external stakeholders. You’ll also work closely with our auditors to ensure that documentation is delivered according to an agreed quality and in a timely manner. The controlling team consists of 25 employees based in eight offices across the globe. As a team, we work closely together but we also support your career development. We’re a highly motivated team working globally with our colleagues in other countries.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring efficient and compliant processes by driving the continuous improvement in close collaboration with colleagues and management
- ensuring timely deliverables with agreed quality to internal and external stakeholders
- planning audits and maintaining a close dialogue with external auditors
- technical accounting controlling, incl. implementing and monitoring compliance with IFRS and local GAAP and advising on complex accounting topics
- being a trusted collaborator and advisor for internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an analytical, logical, and proactive approach to issues
- have experience working in an auditing firm or an accounting or controlling department
- communicate clearly in writing, incl. communicating financial issues in a straightforward and professional manner
- possess thorough knowledge of IFRS and German GAAP from both a theoretical standpoint and a practical point of view
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 06 October 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Henning Schulz, Manager, on (+49) 1622692882, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.