Sales and energy trading
Imagine a future where you monitor, troubleshoot, and remotely operate a range of generation and transmission assets in the world’s largest offshore
Join us in this role where you’ll support GSCC on our journey to building a Global Asset Surveillance Centre and Regional Generation Control Points. You’ll use our diagnostic tools, processes, and control systems to monitor our global offshore wind assets, troubleshooting and remotely operating a range of turbine platforms and substations. As part of a shift of operators, you’ll be responsible for alarm surveillance and response, control and coordination of our power export, and communication and coordination with our sites, traders, grid authorities, and other operations colleagues.
Welcome to Generation Surveillance & Support
You’ll be part of Generation Surveillance & Control Centre (GSCC) where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure our assets perform safely, in compliance with UK and EU power regulations, and to their maximum availability. You’ll monitor and control generation and transmission assets across the UK and Europe, with new projects under development in the US and APAC. As a team, we care for our assets, adhere to process, and share expert advice to ensure all stakeholders make the correct decisions for safe and compliant power generation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- using diagnostic tools, processes, and control systems to promptly react to a range of events on the assets under the control of the GSCC
- providing expert advice to colleagues regarding WTG operations and BOP alarm management – diagnosing problems where possible and escalating through diagnostics specialists where required
- handling, assessing, and deploying proactive WTG condition monitoring model events to predict developing failures before they occur
- providing control point services, incl. regulation of wind farms, intertripping services, REMITs/ETRs, trading point services, and condition reporting
- ensuring our company’s QHSE standards, cyber security rules, and compliance parameters are constantly upheld.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience with power generation, technical system engineering/troubleshooting, or in a control room setting
- have strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills, incl. using SCADA to develop and deploy remote diagnostic processes
- thrive working as part of a 24/7 shift environment with our ambitious team of operators
- are proactive and keen to identify and implement improvement initiatives and share best practice across the department
- are a strong communicator and capable of handling multiple high-priority tasks at the same time.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 13 April 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Grant Johnson, Asset Surveillance Manager, on (United Kingdom +44) 7775542454 on Tuesdays to Thursdays between 09:00-12:00 GMT; GMT Standard Time if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.