Senior Contract Manager
Imagine a future where you support America’s first utility-scale offshore wind projects by managing major construction and installation contracts
Join us in this role where you’ll support the Northeast Program projects by working with suppliers to develop and build America’s first utility scale offshore wind farms. You’ll manage the proper handling of contracts and claims, holding responsibility for preparing and conducting supplier negotiations, progress reports, and contractual means to support the timely delivery of complex and large-value contracts.
Welcome to North America Procurement
You’ll be part of a growing and diverse US team, which prides itself on inclusivity, where you, together with your more than 20 colleagues, will oversee the construction and installation of three of America’s first utility-scale offshore wind projects. As a team, we support each other and have a strong focus on personal and professional development. Moreover, we always strive to continuously improve through open collaboration and trust.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing contracts to carry out construction, installation, and commissioning activities
- ensuring that procurement and contractual targets are met, proactively managing risk, and seeking commercial optimisation opportunities
- collaborating with global colleagues in the US, UK, and EU to coordinate with a multidisciplinary project team
- ensuring that there is a contractual alignment between business and project objectives.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of five years’ relevant experience
- have contract management experience from either a buyer or seller side
- have significant experience in contract management or procurement roles on large-scale construction projects, preferably from within the energy industry
- demonstrate the capacity to solve problems and keep complex projects on track
- thrive on working to facilitate communication, balancing competing and dynamic priorities alongside colleagues and various stakeholders, both internal and external.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than February 27, 2022.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.