Finance and controlling
Lead Risk Manager with a strong analytical mindset
Imagine a future where you play a vital role in overseeing the financial market risks of our wind and solar assets
Join us in this role where you’ll be the trusted risk manager who analyses and communicates the positioning of our assets, based on power production, weather forecast, hedging strategies, and price outlooks. To understand the risk nature of assets and contracts, you’ll engage with colleagues across the organisation while analysing production and revenue data, complex non-linear payment structures from subsidies, and power purchase agreements. You’ll also ensure that our risk systems and reporting reflect an accurate representation of the risk picture, and that risk mandates and hedging requirements are within our risk appetite.
Welcome to Welcome to Merchant Risk
You’ll be part of Merchant Risk UK & Ireland where you, together with your seven other colleagues, will work with a large set of stakeholders across the organisation, interacting with many different nationalities and backgrounds. We’re a curious, bright, and commercially oriented group of individuals who work professionally while keeping an informal tone, with room for fun and laughter. We’ll also help you grow your talent through our ambition to understand our stakeholder’s business to a degree that we can contribute to their understanding of their market risk. As a team, we’re inspired by design thinking and prioritise time for prototypes and knowledge sharing through demos.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying, understanding, and being on top of energy-related risks from assets, subsidies, and various contracts
- advising the Chief Risk Officer and senior management on energy-related risk from assets, subsidies, and contracts
- analysing and communicating the company’s risk picture and ensuring compliance with risk mandates and policies
- performing data-driven analysis and reporting on energy market risk
- taking part in various business projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have solid experience with market risk management or similar, and have a good understanding of derivatives, risk models, and hedging strategies
- are experienced in communicating at all seniority levels in a larger organisation and are motivated to use your insights and share your opinions in open discussions
- have an excellent analytical mindset and are not afraid to challenge the status quo
- find it motivating to create results through teamwork and developing good relationships with your colleagues and stakeholders
- have excellent IT skills, as we work with large data volumes and use tools such as SQL, VBA/Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint to a great extent
- have a master’s degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or similar and, preferably, experience within financial and/or energy risk management, portfolio management, etc.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 January 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Natasja Schioenning Nielsen, Head of Merchant Risk UK & Ireland, on (Denmark +45) 99557317, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.