Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you’re the guardian of geographical data and help others put things exactly in the right position
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team that develops, constructs, and operates offshore wind farm projects all over the world. You’ll be given the responsibility of delivering geospatial services to your own projects, as the go-to person for geospatial information and expertise.
Welcome to Geographic Information Systems
You’ll be part of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) where you, together with your colleagues, will become a GIS specialist in a multi-faceted team of other experts in the field. Our department deals with a broad range of tasks and stakeholders, where no two days are the same, and you’ll get the opportunity to follow a project from start to finish. You’ll also be part of a team that supports and help each other across projects and offices. As a team, we rely on each other to challenge our own work, exchange ideas, and develop new ways of working. We embrace new technologies that will help us to provide better solutions to our stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- conducting internal and external stakeholder management, and performing geospatial information management by collecting, validating, analysing, and distributing information to our relevant stakeholders
- performing geospatial analysis, e.g., 2D and 3D analysis of seabed data
- mapping, visualising, and distributing data on different platforms, whether in web or analogue form
- continuously working on digitising and developing workflows internally and with stakeholders
- maintaining a web-based ArcGIS Portal solution for your assigned project
- being responsible for the daily work and information management in relation to the development of our offshore wind farm projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor's or master’s degree, or equivalent, in a relevant field, e.g., geography, environmental planning, or surveying
- have a curious, innovative, proactive, and systematic approach to your work tasks and are ready to be the go-to specialist within your project
- have extensive experience with working with the ArcGIS platform, incl. ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and Portal within a relevant field
- understand geodesy and have experience with the use of CAD-based software
- can automate repetitive workflows by using ModelBuilder or Python scripts
- speak and write English fluently, thrive in an international environment, and can create good relationships with your local and international stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 January 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.