Sales and energy trading
Imagine a future where you employ your Modern C++ coding skills in our quantitative framework for risk management and strategic decision support
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team with several quantitative developers responsible for developing, managing, and operating our calculational framework. The framework includes Monte Carlo-based calculation engines written in Modern C++, GUI interfaces in C#, Python integration full stack web applications, PostgreSQL databases, and Linux servers. In short, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to influence, drive, and learn about anything and everything in a modern open-source Linux environment, with a little Windows on top.
Welcome to Gas Portfolio Management
You’ll be part of Portfolio Management DK where you, together with your colleagues, will drive optimisation and decision making for gas, be it natural gas, biogas, e-fuels, or hydrogen in the future energy system. You’ll be part of a highly skilled and engaged team, working with many stakeholders across the organisation and getting the opportunity to translate mathematical quantitative theory into operational work, while learning about energy markets in practice. As a team, we enjoy a fun and challenging work environment.
You’ll play an important role in:
- setting up, maintaining, and operating the models and tools used for optimising the Gas Portfolio
- being responsible for continuously developing and renewing tools and models for the business, together with colleagues, to ensure alignment with market conditions
- delivering high-quality quantitative analyses
- setting standards to improve our code quality and shape the way we deploy solutions for production
- helping to ensure operational excellence of the Gas Portfolio.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have completed a degree within computer science, engineering, data science, mathematics, statistics, physics, or other quantitative-focused disciplines
- are a team player with strong technical skills, motivated by understanding the business and transforming requirements into IT solutions with a variety of stakeholders in an international, English-speaking environment
- have experience working with Modern C++ and have preferably previously deployed and managed Red Hat servers
- have a passion for, and experience with, mathematical models, e.g., Monte Carlo Simulations, stochastic optimisation, option pricing, or linear programming
- adapt well to change and are constantly looking to challenge the norms to do things better.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Vibeke Eybye Petersen, Head of Portfolio Management DK, on (Denmark +45) 99557898, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.