Engineering and construction
Head of Numerical Competence Centre (NCC)
Imagine a future where you lead an area responsible for mathematical modelling the future energy system and enable growth of our renewable project portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll be a leader of four department leaders and three subject matter experts spanning across an area of +50 employees. Furthermore, you’ll ensure that our superior knowledge and capabilities within mathematical modelling and AI is fully commercialised and actual markets wins are enabled by providing design grounds for accurate business cases and optimum engineering design decisions. Finally, you’ll also be responsible for strengthening our position in the industry and wider community as a thought leader within the mathematical modelling space.
Welcome to Ørsted Innovation
You'll be heading the Numerical Competence Centre where you will lead a unique inhouse competence centre of highly educated specialists who are driven by solving highly complex mathematical and physics problems. The specialists are located across the globe spanning multiple locations in Denmark, the Netherlands, Poland, and Malaysia. Moreover, since the solutions often results in custom-built applications, you’ll be continuously collaborating with IT and manage a diverse landscape of stakeholders across the organisation. As a team, we are all extremely passionate about our work, ambitious in regard to our results, and pride ourselves for our inhouse, leading edge capabilities within this space.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading leaders – both people leaders and thought leaders
- providing design grounds for accurate business cases and optimum engineering design decisions
- ensuring, primarily internal, stakeholder satisfaction through both existing and new mathematical solutions
- spearheading our position as thought leader within mathematical modelling for the wider renewable industry
- leading the Analytics and Modelling Job Family in the organisation and head the analytics talent forum.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are an experienced visionary leader of leaders
- are motivated by building teams with top scientific profiles and facilitate the crossover from academia into a corporate setting
- have solid commercial acumen and the ability to identify and implement trends and business opportunities
- have excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a dynamic environment with a large group of cross-functional stakeholders
- don’t necessarily check all the points above but if you’re a proactive and quick learner, we would also like to hear from you.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 18 December 2022.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jacob Edmonds, Head of Innovation & Digital, on (Denmark +45) 99555034 or Anela Bajric, Head of Mathematical Optimisation, on +4599554821, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.