Engineering and construction
Senior SCADA SCS Specialist
Imagine a future where you play a key role in delivering SCADA substation control systems for our future wind farms as part of our green journey
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for driving the technical aspects for all engineering phases of the substation control system in relation to our offshore wind farms. Your tasks include working with specification designs and implementation of wind farm automation systems, as well as technical project management.
Welcome to Power Transmission SCADA
You’ll be part of the SCADA SCS team where you, together with your colleagues, will specify and drive the development of SCADA substation control system for our offshore windfarm projects. You’ll be part of the core team working with maintenance of specifications as well as development of requirements for new and exciting projects, “Power-to-X”, innovation etc.
The core team sets the technical direction for the department by securing the technical foundation for the rest of the team to execute on in the asset projects. An important task is also to receive lessons learned from the projects and convert that to technical requirements towards suppliers to ensure a continues development of the scope.
You’ll play an important role in:
- maintaining standard technical requirements and framework agreements with suppliers
- developing standard technical requirements and solutions within SCADA and SCS in collaboration with customers
- participating in procurement of substation control systems for future projects
- driving technical innovation for the scope in collaboration with colleagues from neighbouring scopes
- supporting colleagues in the team working with the technical scope.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with the design, specification, configuration, and testing of general SCADA and substation control systems from a similar industry, preferably within the energy sector
- have extensive experience with SCADA networks in high-voltage production environments incl. implementation of general and company OT security requirements
- have thorough knowledge of relay protection, GOOSE communication, and relevant communication protocols for power system automation, such as IEC 60870-5-101/104 and IEC61850
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 11 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Thygesen, Head of Power Transmission SCADA, on (Denmark +45) 99557282, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.