IT and digital
Application Architect SCADA
Imagine a future where you’re part of a strong architectural community that designs and documents coherent application architecture for our growing business
Join us in this role where you’ll be securing reliable production assets to our offshore wind farms of our agile organisation. Your role will be setting a strategic direction for Operations Technology.
Welcome to Architecture & Technology
You’ll be part of an agile delivery team where you, together with your colleagues, will fulfil the business needs. At the same time, you’ll be a part of the Architecture & Technology community consisting of 100+ architects working with the different levels of architecture, i.e., business, enterprise, solution, application, and infrastructure. This community ensures great cohesion and a platform for high-quality knowledge sharing, and our matrix organisation secures a strong focus on both the delivery of business value as well as the architectural principles.
You’ll play an important role in:
- helping select the products we apply in the OT landscape
- defining how the chosen products are applied in our OT solutions while adhering to the company standards for infrastructure and IT/OT security to ensure the right architecture
- setting the technical direction and ensuring the necessary support throughout the implementation process of the OT solutions
- continuously keeping yourself updated on relevant products, standards, and technologies within the OT/industrial domain
- cooperating with the solution architect to ensure alignment to overall Architectural Runway and portfolio targets.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have significant experience with AVEVA systems, preferably Wonderware and/or OSIsoft combined with products, such as System Platform, Historian, PI Server, PI Asset Framework (AF), PI Interface
- have experience in operating and developing enterprise level (supervisory and control) SCADA systems connecting to remote network with physical layer (field) SCADA systems handled by others
- have solid experience as an application architect and use this experience to create architectural landscape overviews – prior experience in the wind industry is an advantage
- are proactive and can communicate architectural designs and decisions to both team members, the business, and IT stakeholders
- can serve as the one having an eye for the future but still able to work directly with the engineers on daily challenges with an architect perspective
- can make decisions based on an imperfect basis, as well as balancing the needs of different stakeholders (business, security, compliance, operations, etc.).
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 20 February 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Pawel Kropielnicki, Head of Architecture ＆ Security, on (Poland +48) 507972013 from Monday to Friday from 08:00-15:00 CET if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.