Sourcing Manager (Indirect Services)
Imagine a future where you develop the indirect categories and execute sourcing projects in close collaboration with a strong and professional procurement team
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for managing the sourcing of categories such as marketing, facility management, financial advisory, management consultants, HR, and legal services for our offshore and onshore wind projects in North America. You’ll perform strategic sourcing tender processes which will deliver positive commercial results while managing risks for our business.
Welcome to NA Procurement
You’ll be part of a growing and ambitious team characterised by a commercial and curious mindset where you, together with your bright colleagues, will be responsible for defining sourcing strategies and providing input to the strategic development of the indirect categories. You’ll also lead our sourcing and tender projects in close cooperation with the business stakeholders and the global Services Procurement team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being commercially responsible for sourcing goods and services, mainly within the facility management, professional services, IT, and HR services categories
- leading and delivering the entire strategic sourcing process from start to finish, i.e., market analysis, tender process, contract negotiations, stakeholder management, and contract management
- building relationships with important stakeholders within the organization to support the realization and optimization of commercial value and risk management
- having significant influence on the prioritization and implementation of initiatives for the strategic development within these areas
- proactively suggesting improvements to processes, procedures, workflows, and organizational structures related to strategic sourcing.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a cross-disciplinary background based on a master’s degree in economics, supply chain, law, or engineering
- have a broad and deep knowledge of the strategic sourcing process and a well-developed sourcing ‘toolbox’
- are an experienced negotiator, taking responsibility for planning and executing the negotiation process
- have extensive experience with procurement tools and processes in large organizations
- have experience with contract law, i.e., contract advisory, such as securing contract compliance within the organization and value creation.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than January 30, 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.