Strategy and business development
Imagine a future where you design, implement, and manage the GIS solutions for the Onshore (GB) development business
Join us in this role where you’ll utilise and develop your skills to lead and manage the end-to-end GIS processes and practices for Onshore (GB). Working closely with the Development Team, you’ll contribute to the digitalisation of the GB project pipeline through the development and management of GIS applications and solutions. You’ll liaise and collaborate with colleagues in the UK and the rest of world to identify process improvements, synergies and efficiencies in data management which will aid business objectives.
Welcome to Onshore Development (GB)
You’ll be part of the Development Team based in Edinburgh where you, together with your colleagues, will support the growth and development of the UK onshore renewables pipeline. Together with your colleagues, our primary focus will be the origination and development of new organic wind, solar, and BESS opportunities in GB.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the development, implementation, and management of GIS 'Enterprise' solutions focused on project identification, evaluation, and development models
- developing and implementing new GIS strategies, methodology and quality control to complement and improve the delivery of the onshore development team’s targets and objectives
- supporting the Onshore (GB) Development Team in the development of the GB organic pipeline through innovation and automation of project identification/appraisal and land management of greenfield projects
- managing and liaising with internal and external stakeholders to implement a successful GIS platform, managing delivered and maintenance services, and ensuring compliance with corporate governance
- maintaining a server or cloud-based ArcGIS solution and being responsible for the daily work, data capture, and information management in relation to the pipeline portfolio.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant and recognised GIS Degree or Diploma, with extensive experience of working on GIS platforms, preferably ArcGIS i.e., Desktop, Pro, and Enterprise
- have a proficient understanding of geoprocessing, georeferencing, spatial analysis, mapping, co-ordinate systems and publisher
- have ideally led on the creation and implementation of GIS strategies, governance, process, and policies
- have experience creating and managing site evaluation models through use and manipulation of spatial data sets, preferably in a renewable’s environment
- demonstrate an understanding of ModelBuilder & Python to aid in automating repetitive workflows and processes and have an evident track record of successfully managing and maintaining GIS datasets, databases, information, and compatible file structures
- are agile, proactive, and have the ability to manage and prioritise a varied day-to-day workload in a dynamic working environment while operating both autonomously and as part of the team.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 12 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Paul Pickup, Development Manager, on , if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll meet with agents and consultants throughout GB, attend seminars and conferences to advance your professional development, and attend meetings in our European offices.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.