Lead Category Manager
Imagine a future where you lead the module sourcing strategy in O&M components procurement to support our vision of a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for developing and guiding the execution of sourcing strategies across different component categories for our offshore wind farms.
Welcome to Offshore Global O&M and BIO Procurement
You’ll be part of our Offshore Global O&M Components Procurement and Supply Management team where you, together with your colleagues, will source and supply components, spare parts, and tools to our turbines in operation. You’ll be part of a caring and ambitious team of 15 procurement professionals, and you’ll have close contact and report directly to the Head of Offshore O&M Components Procurement and Supply Management. In our team, we value a working environment built on trust, openness, collaboration, and equality, where we share our learnings and support each other to drive continuous development and improvement.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading category management activities, incl. the development and execution of Module Sourcing Strategy (MSS) globally to ensure planned business value/module targets
- ensuring pipeline is in place, together with the MGO, and aligned with all module stakeholders, as well as converting forecasts into pipeline and owning the pipeline management
- acting as key account manager for our key suppliers, driving and facilitating supplier relationship management for the module and leading supply market intelligence analytics
- ensuring data transparency in the modules, incl. spending, contracts accessibility, and supply analytics, incl. all vendors and price options, etc.
- sharing best practice/knowledge and guiding sourcing managers on sourcing strategy development and execution.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in economics, engineering, or a related field
- have extensive relevant experience with procurement/negotiation, contract management, i.e., within process or construction projects, and category management
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks, as well as good attention to detail
- have experience within the areas of key account management, price and pipeline management, and spend analysis
- have good people skills to facilitate communication and cooperation with stakeholders, as well as guiding and supporting the sourcing managers in the team.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mette Buus Pihl, Head of Offshore O&M Components Procurem, on (Denmark +45) 99557953, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.