Engineering and construction
Technical Project Lead
Imagine a future where you ensure the fabrication quality of offshore substations, contributing directly to the green energy transition
Join us in this role where you’ll have the unique opportunity to follow an offshore substation project for typically at least two years. As a technical project lead (fabrication inspector), you’ll be a key member in the fabrication team, closely monitoring the fabrication quality of our offshore substations at the contractor yard.
Welcome to Fabrication Inspection
You’ll be part of our Fabrication Inspection team in Substations where you, together with your colleagues, will be following the project fabrication phase. You’ll be expatriated or have extended business travels to contractor’s yards to secure the fabrication quality according to specifications. You’ll also report to the Fabrication Manager of the project. The project fabrication team typically consists of many site-based employees with a variety of backgrounds and nationalities.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting the fabrication manager in monitoring the progress of Contractor and their Sub-Contractor steel works and surface treatment according to programme and milestones
- reviewing the contractor's procedures ITP, WPS, PQP, NDE, and coating to follow up in Contractor’s workshop
- spot checking of Contractors NDT of welding performance, NDT equipment, and NDT reporting
- doing final inspections of steel work before surface treatment or preparation, incl. Contractor’s documentation
- spot checking of coating: coating facilities, Inspection during coating process, paint reports, and cathodic protection.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in subjects equivalent to material or welding engineering – and are technically strong in Coating and NDE
- have extensive practical, as well as theoretical experience, within offshore or steel construction
- are familiar with steel fabrication and inspection, NDT, and coating such as: IWI, IWS International Welding Inspector, Specialist, IWT, IWE International Welding Technician, Welding Engineer, and Frosio light
- work in a structured way and are good at planning your work
- speak and write English fluently, as we operate in an international environment
- have worked in the offshore wind or oil and gas industry, with a focus on steel fabrication and associated quality.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 21 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kim Groendahl Lorenzen, Head of Fabrication Management, on (Denmark +45) 99559301 on Mondays to Fridays from 14:00-16:00 CET; Central European Time, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an on-site set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.