Finance and controlling
Lead Risk & Insurance Specialist
Imagine a future where you help enable the development of assets and interests of our existing and rapidly growing business by way of insurance
Join us in this role where you’ll contribute to the management of our insurable risks, tender and place insurances, and handle claims. One of the roles will be focused on our Offshore business and the other role on our Onshore and Bioenergy & Other businesses.
Welcome to Insurance
You’ll be part of the Insurance team where you, together with your colleagues, will engage with the business to define the desired level of insurance for our assets and interests, and explore how to place the insurances in the best way possible. You’ll be working with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally. You’ll be an integral part of a team with competent and committed colleagues who’ll support you along the way.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing contractual risk on all terms related to insurance provisions
- representing Ørsted in the insurance community
- managing insurance claims, handling the interface between the organisation and loss adjusters/insurers as well as participating in and leading negotiations on claims settlements
- managing insurance tasks related to all stages of the organisational units, including development, construction, execution, operation, and decommissioning, and for all classes of insurance
- taking out necessary insurances with responsibility for insurance tenders, negotiations, and placements.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree from the Insurance Academy or a similar institution
- have an eye for detail, have strong communication skills and are good with numbers
- have a structured approach to your work and are used to delivering hands-on support effectively and with a high quality even when deadlines are tight
- can work independently while also being a dedicated team player, and enjoy working with and managing multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally
- have extensive experience as an insurance manager, insurance broker, insurance advisor, claims handler, lawyer or legal advisor working within renewables.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 June 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kristina Nielsen, Senior Lead Risk & Insurance Specialist, on +4599559168 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.