Operations and technicians
(Senior) Commercial Analyst to coordinate and optimise operations wind farm bid
Imagine a future where you coordinate the operational input to the offshore wind farm bids, ensuring the optimal balance between cost and revenue
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for modelling, validating, and analysing all operations input related to Development and Preparation projects for our future wind farms. Our team is responsible for delivering high-quality business case inputs based upon optimal cost, yield, and local engagement balance without compromising safety. You’ll have the responsibility for the assumptions behind the lifetime OPEX model, ensuring the wind farm OPEX is reflective of asset specific concepts, risks, and synergies
Welcome to Operations Commercial
You’ll be part of our Operations Business Analysis team where you, together with your colleagues, will act as our Operations OPEX Business Case focal point and coordinate with technical and commercial stakeholders and input providers during the wind farm development and preparation phase. Managing stakeholder expectations regarding input and deliverables is therefore a critical part of your work. You’ll be an integral part of a team with competent and committed colleagues who’ll support you along the way. work.
You’ll play an important role in:
- applying simulation models and analysis to ensure an optimal correlation of cost and yield in our business cases based on a given risk profile
- engaging with technical experts to assess the optimal operational strategy for both existing and future wind farms
- coordinating and controlling the gathering and maintenance of relevant technical, logistic, and commercial assumptions in the business cases
- engaging in early market screenings, assessing new wind farm opportunities
- having a close cooperation and alignment with Finance to identify possible improvement initiatives and ensure standard input to our technical forecast and business cases.
To succeed in the role, you:
- can strike the right balance between input and modelling uncertainty and level of details provided in results, while at the same time, thrive working with several projects simultaneously
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your multi-disciplinary internal stakeholders and customers, ranging from technical specialists and financial analysts to commercial and technical decision-makers
- have demonstrated a structured approach to solving complex problems and the ability to present detailed information in a holistic, summarised way with focus on the main drivers
- have a commercial background with relevant modelling and optimisation experience, or have an engineering background, combined with demonstrable and relevant commercial and financial experience and insight
- are proactive, have a high degree of self-dependence, and feel a strong responsibility for your work and for the results you deliver.
- can demonstrate solid people influencing skills, and presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across cultures and different geographical locations and time zones.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 22 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Thomas Krogh Jensen, Head of Ops Business Analysis, on +4599555667 on Mondays from 14:30-17:00 CEST; Central European Summer Time if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.