Senior Solar Category Manager
Imagine a future where you manage the procurement of key equipment technologies that drive renewable energy deployment
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for developing and executing the procurement strategy for solar modules on our onshore solar farms. You’ll work together with stakeholders to establish viable, cost effective, and strategic sourcing objectives, whilst building constructive working relationships in an international team.
Welcome to Onshore Procurement and Construction
You’ll be part of Procurement where you, together with your colleagues, will support the onshore team with both strategic and tactical supplier relations management and contract development. You’ll work with multidisciplinary project teams, where you’ll play a vital role in driving the commercial strategy and negotiations of our equipment procurement. Through efficient cooperation with colleagues from other in-house functions, as well as with the external supply chain, you’ll build constructive working relationships in an international team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- doing market research and providing forward-looking solar module price curves and pricing inputs that drive project CAPEX
- nurturing supplier relationships that allow for strategic engagement across multiple interface points and contract life cycle
- creating, managing, and executing project level contracts that meet onshore financial, technical, and schedule objectives
- identifying inefficiencies and improving procurement procedures that align with company objectives and compliance requirements
- managing processes and handoff for contractual compliance, QA/QC, and interface management, for successful delivery and commissioning of owner-supplied equipment
- handling stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have mid-level experience in solar supply chain procurement or supply chain management
- have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, law, supply chain management, international business, or similar
- are experienced in drafting contracts, including framework agreements
- are commercially minded and have a technical understanding, combined with an analytical approach to complex tasks
- possess strong communication skills and the ability to influence
- are solution-oriented and have a self-starter mindset, thriving in a rapidly developing working environment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-05-16. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.