Strategy and business development
Bid Director Japan
Imagine a future where you win renewable energy projects that'll bring new jobs, new investment, and will power entire cities with clean energy
Join us in this role where you'll become a Bid Development Director within our APAC team in leading cross-functional teams to develop and mature competitive multi-billion-dollar power solicitations in Japan.
Welcome to APAC Markets
You’ll be part of the APAC Market Development team where you together with your colleagues will be contributing to keeping our company ahead of the competition and securing an exciting future pipeline of business opportunities across the APAC region.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing, building support for, and then executing bid strategies which focus on customer’s current and future needs and differentiate us from competitors
- leading and coordinating large global and matrixed bid teams in the timely development and submission of competitive bids into solicitations
- taking a leading role in shaping the message and the bid documents submitted to the customers
- ensuring that high-quality project deliverables, such as business case, project schedule, risk register, and project program, are on place and matured on time, with the appropriate internal approvals
- obtaining investment mandates by presenting or preparing materials for the organisation’s executive decision-making bodies and engaging with external parties
- building strong and productive relationships with internal stakeholders, JV partners, and third parties, maturing the bid proposal, both technical and commercially, and delivering compelling solutions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a proven ability to coordinate and lead complex, confidential, and high-impact projects within a time-sensitive environment
- are a strategic thinker with an implementation mindset, commercial skill set, and project or program management experience
- have strong financial acumen and experience with large investment decisions
- have a sound understanding of technical concepts influencing power projects and the ability to quickly understand complex concepts and how they might influence the project
- have demonstrated leadership excellence over many years and experience working within energy, infrastructure, or power markets
- have excellent all-round communication, writing, presentation, and influencing skills and a strong ability to drive consensus and gain buy-in.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15-02-2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations APAC, , on talentacquisitionAP@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.