Engineering and construction
Senior Power Systems Engineer
Imagine a future where you develop and analyze the power system models of some of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world
Join us in this role where you’ll be a power system expert focused on developing and integrating the models of our offshore wind farms into the US power system. The Electrical System Design and Grid Integration department, which you’ll be part of, plays a key role in optimizing our wind farm designs while pushing the boundaries of what is technically possible.
Welcome to US Offshore Engineering
You’ll be part of a dynamic team where you, together with your colleagues, will design the electrical infrastructure of our offshore wind farm pipeline and support a successful grid connection with grid code compliance. The department is very diverse and comprises more than four dozen engineers working in seven countries to ensure electrical integration of our offshore wind farms into an increasing number of markets across the globe.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing, integrating, validating, and reviewing PSS/E or PSCAD model packages for submission to Independent System Operators (ISOs) across the US for our existing and future project pipeline
- engaging with transmission owners, ISOs, OEMs, and internal stakeholders to troubleshoot technical issues which arise from the interconnection process to help ensure successful grid connections
- performing power system studies on the wind farm, including power flow, voltage control, dynamic analysis, fault ride through, and stability studies
- collaborating and liaising with power system design colleagues globally, including in Denmark and the US, to address issues and keep the interconnection process moving
- keeping track of risks and problems and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at minimum a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with electrical system design and analysis using simulation tools like PSS/E and PSCAD on ISO scale power system base cases
- are flexible, adaptive, and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment, whilst maintaining a proactive, result oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- have excellent communication skills enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner and you speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than February 21, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.